Simply Lettering Blog Hop – Win over £400 worth of hand lettering goodies!12th July 2019
We are very proud to be DAY 2 of the Simply Lettering Blog Hop!
Issue one of this gorgeous new magazine will be available to buy in shops in the UK on July 18th – next Thursday! It’s now too late to subscribe to get issue 1 but you can pick up a copy in your local supermarket or from CraftStash!
To celebrate the launch, Simply Lettering Magazine have teamed up with lots of lovely hand lettering and journaling bloggers and brands to take you on a week-long blog and social hop.
This week we all collectively want to inspire you to take a little time out of your busy schedules and try your hand at modern calligraphy. So each day this week you will find a little project or advice to help launch your hand-lettering journey.
PLUS – As part of the blog hop Simply Lettering have collected together some fabulous prizes to create this HUGE GIVEAWAY! We have an annual subscription to our magazine to giveaway!
- 3 Annual Subscriptions to Simply Lettering Magazine worth over £50 each
- Luxury Calligraphy Kit from Kirsten Burke worth £35
- 2 sets of TomBow pens from CraftStash worth over £40
- 3 sets of Nuvo Aquaflow pens worth £11.99 each
- 1 Subscription to Simply Cards & Papercraft worth over £60
- A set of Karin Markers from Lou Collins worth over £20
- Colour Happy Box from Edding UK worth £20
- A selection of Papercraft Magazines from Die-cutting Essentials, Papercraft Essentials and Creative Stamping – worth over £20
- 2 Double Ended Calligraphy Pens from Staedtler worth over £12
- Lamy Safari and a 30ml bottle of Diamine ink from Leanne Cork worth over £20
- A set of four Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens – For the Love of Letters from Sue Smith!
- A set of 5 pens from Chameleon pens worth over £20!
How to enter!
To enter to be in with a chance of winning one of these fabulous gifts, simply comment on THIS blog post, then head over to the Simply Lettering launch post and comment there too – find it here www.simplylettering.co.uk
Each day the wonderful bloggers and brands on the blog hop (details at the end of the post) are sharing inspiring projects and advice as we countdown to the launch of Simply Lettering Magazine on Thursday 18th July
Find all the blogs on the hop at the end of this post!
Why learn hand lettering and modern calligraphy?
The majority of you reading now will be familiar with cardmaking and all the amazing goodies that come with it. Whilst it’s easy to pick up a stamp, with hand lettering you will be able to add your own personal touch to your cards and tags.
You don’t need to be great at handwriting, learning modern calligraphy is open to all, it’s just a case of practicing which in itself is part of the fun! Every issue comes with a gift of pens too – perfect for building your stash!
Here’s commissioning Editor Lou Collins with some brush on brush blending. With every issue you will find helpful video guides to support many of the projects included. Plus you can download templates to print out so you can keep practicing!
Who’s next on the blog hop?
Thursday 11th July (Find yesterday’s post and add your comment!)
Friday 12th July (you are here!)
Saturday 13th July (tomorrow’s post!)
Sunday 14th July
Monday 15th July
Tuesday 16th July
Wednesday 17th July
LAUNCH DAY! Thursday 18th July
Be sure to visit them all each day over the next week and add a comment on their blog or video, then come back and add a comment on ours too! You’ll find their posts on the following days, so you can enjoy a little bit of lettering inspo every day this week!
We will pick a winner at random from all of the comments received!