Try mixed media techniques today with this beautiful birthday card8th January 2018
We loved Sue Larney‘s mixed media projects from Simply Cards & Papercraft 172 so much, we asked her to make just one more for us. This stunning card is the perfect way to try a new skill and get to grips with a more layered mixed-media effect.
You will need
- white square card blank
- docrafts Capsule Collection Wood papers & die-cut elements
- Papermania Chronology stamps
- Kaisercraft Birthday Mini stamps
- Tea Dye Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink
- white acrylic paint
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- white Decoart Shimmer mist
- enamel dots
- manual die-cutting machine
- Tonic Studios Square Nesting dies
- Papermania Chronology Cogs dies
- Memory Box Steampunk Corner & Honeycomb die
- Cover the card front with distressed patterned paper and ink the edges and cut two slightly smaller panels of patterned paper. Ink one with acrylic paint and stamp with a sentiment.
- Die-cut cogs and corner cogs from patterned paper and cork along with leaves and a honecomb element.
- Stamp the image using black ink and apply Glossy Accents once dry to highlight. Dry brush acrylic paint around the image.
- Arrange the sentiment onto a topper as shown and back with a honeycomb die-cut. Spritz with summer mist.
- Assemble the layers and embellishments onto the card front, adding some elements between the layers to add to the impression of depth and dimension.